Join Us For The
Information from Olive Knits on the Knit Along and Untangled Purls:
Check out these pictures of the sweater from Olive Knits and the ones we are knitting in preparation for the KAL!
OLIVE KNITS PREVIEW:
Chris is Using Silky Wool
Kathie C is Using Sueno
We have other yarn options available! Complete details on KAL and yarn options below! Keep reading...
- It’s a yoke-style pullover
- It’s one single color
- Olive Knits & team and knit their samples in Sew Happy Jane Delightful DK Tweed
- DK weight tonals, solid colors, tweeds, and kettle-dyed yarns are recommended. Less color variation is better.
- There are NO photo sneak peeks until June 7th
- The skill level is intermediate, but if you’re a confident advanced beginner, you can do this
- You DO NOT have to knit the sweater in 4 days – we knit together the whole month of July, so you can work at your own pace.
(Pattern includes an alternate gauge option of 22 st and 30 rounds/rows in 4 in/10 cm to expand size and yarn options)
Finished Bust/Chest Circumference: 33.9 (36.75, 43.2, 46, 48.5, 53, 56.75, 60.75, 64.75) in
(Alternative Gauge Finished Bust/Chest Circumference: 30 (33.5, 39.5, 42, 44, 48, 55.5, 59) inches)
US Size 6/4mm (24-32 in/60-80 cm) circular – body;
US Size 6/4mm (12 in/30 cm) circular or DPNs – sleeves:
US Size 4/3.5mm (16 in/40 cm) circular – neckline;
US Size 4/3.5mm (12 in/30 cm) circular or DPNs – cuffs.
(Note: Adjust your needle size, if necessary, to obtain correct gauge.)
Fit Advice — This sweater is meant to fit with about 2 inches/5 cm positive ease. For best results, choose the size with a finished measurement that is 2 inches/5 cm larger than your full bust measurement.
What if I can’t knit it in 4 days?!?
UPDATED! Timeline of Events (Save the Dates!)