Beginning Weaving In-Person Class
Learn the basics of weaving on a rigid heddle loom with this course and make a scarf!
Instructor: Shandelin Anderson Skill Level: Absolute Beginner
Class Day & Time: One 4.0 hour session and One 2.0 hour follow-up session BOTH IN SHOP/IN PERSON.
1st class May 20th at 2:00 - 6:00pm EST & Follow-up class June 3rd 4:00 - 6:00pm EST
You will have a finished scarf by the end of the second class!
Class Size: Max 4 Students, Min of 2 Students required to run the class
Skills Required: Desire to Learn how to Weave!
- Planning your project
- Warping you loom
- Preparing your shuttle
- Finishing techniques
Required Materials (not included in class fee)
- Two (2) 100 gram balls of Berroco Sesame (2 Different Colors) OR Millefiori OR Painted Sky
- “Orchid Blossom” Pattern – Free from Berroco. Please bring printed pattern to class. https://www.berroco.com/patterns/orchid-blossom
- Scrap yarn (Approx. 3 yards worsted weight)
- Working rigid heddle loom 10” or larger. Loom should be assembled and ready to use before class start time. Ashford Looms are available at the shop for rent or purchase.*
- Shuttle (included with Ashford Loom)
- 7.5 dpi dent reed (included with Ashford Loom)
- Warping peg (included with the Ashford Loom)
- Threading or heddle hook (included with Ashford Loom)
- *Heavy Shipping paper 90 inches long and 15 inches wide
- Scissors, tapestry needle, tape measure
- Notebook, pencil and paper
* Looms are available for rent for $50.00 for duration of class. Other terms may apply. Please check in store for further details on renting a loom for class.
*If you are working on a 10 inch loom, your paper should be 10 inches wide. Always cut your paper the width of the loom you are working on.
Class Policy: Refunds for Prepaid Classes can only be made if we are notified at least two (2) weeks in advance of first class date. Missed Classes will not be made up unless Instructor was unable to teach or shop closed for inclement weather. No refunds for missed classes.
IN-SOCK CLASS SUPPLIES ELIGIBLE FOR 10% DISCOUNT*Excludes Special Orders, Loom Purchases, & Loom Rentals